Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

HaLlOwEeN!!!

We had a 3 day celebration for Halloween this year and it was so fun! Makena was Minnie Mouse and was so excited that she got to wear her mouse costume so much. I even painted her little nose black on the end and gave her little whiskers, I think this was her favorite part...gettting makeup on. We started out on Friday with Shane's family. Amy had us all over for a Halloween party. The kids all dressed up and looked so cute. We had all kinds of soup with bread sticks and it was so delicious. The kids played all the fun Halloween games like the "Mummy Wrap" and the "Doughnut eating contest". It was a great party-thanks Amy! Then on Saturday I took Makena Trick or Treating. I wasn't sure what to expect because last year we only made it to about 3 houses and she was done. Also, it was a little cold that night but Makena surpassed all my expectations and absolutely LOVED it! We were out Trick or Treating for over 2 hours and she literally ran the whole time. She was so excited and thought it was the greatest thing ever she could hardly contain herself. She seriously was laughing and bursting with happiness. We went with a few of our neighbors and their kids who Makena loves so she just followed all the kids and kept up with them just great. I kept asking her if she wanted me to carry her but no way was she going for that, she was one of the big kids that night! It was so much fun, I think I loved it as much as her. She looked adorable climbing the steps up to each door and holding her little bag out for candy. When we got home she looked though her bag and set her candy out and was dancing all around. She was wired! It was so cute and funny! Then on Sunday after church we headed down to my mom and dad's for a little Halloween party. We had hamburger soup and lots of great food. My parents surprised us by dressing up...it was so funny and I never would have guessed their costume. My mom was a hunter (not her favorite thing in the world...the first and probably only time she will ever wear the hunter orange. HaHa) and my dad was the buck. They looked really cute and it was a lot of fun. Makena wasn't sure what to think of Grandma and Grandpa in their crazy outfits at first. My mom had a cute Halloween game for Makena to play and we just hung out. It was an exciting and extra fun Halloween this year!!




























5 comments:

Kerstin said...

her costume is so cute it is cracking me up! i can't wait for all the fun things we will do with stockton as he gets older...

ps i really would love to get together with you guys...maybe play some cards or whatev? your place or ours?? :)

Amy said...

Makena is the cutest Minni Mouse I have ever seen!!

Mandie said...

Makaya loves Minnie Mouse. She has two stuff Minnie's that she has to sleep with every night, and she takes them everywhere with her. Yesterday they sat in chairs at the table eating lunch. I wish you could come to her Mickey Mouse birthday party. This age is the best!

wright said...

She looks darling! I love your mom's costume(;

Unknown said...

I will give you what the eye has not seen, and what the ear has not heard, and what the hand has not touched, and what has not arisen in the heart of man. -zesus chirst
find out more at http://ni8lights.blogspot.com/