Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bitter Sweet

We hit a pretty big milestone at our house this month...Makena graduated from her crib and moved into a Big Girl Bed! This has been a bitter sweet experience for me. I had a fun time finding the headboard and bedding and it turned out so cute. Also, Makena was very ready to be out of the crib and has done really great in the big bed. But my heart aches just a little whenever I put her in it because it means that my baby is growing up and she is turning into a little girl who is independent and has her own opinions and personality. I don't want my baby to grow up, I have had so much fun with her and still almost everyday I think "I wish I could freeze time right here, she is so fun and perfect right now." But I guess if I stopped time then I would miss out on all the fun times and special moments still to come. I am so glad that she is doing so good in her new bed! But it does still suprise me when she comes walking out in the morning or after a nap, I can't get used to the fact that she doesn't need me to come get her out of her crib. Here are some cute pics of her last morning waking up in her crib and then the first night in the Big Girl Bed.











1 comment:

Amy said...

What a big girl!! I am glad that she is doing so well. Adorable room and bed.