Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall Time

We have really enjoyed fall at our house this year. We haven't done anything too exciting and its been really busy but we have had a lot of good times. Here are a few pics from the last couple months.

Holding one of our pumpkins from our garden. We did much better than last year when we only got two little tiny crooked things, this year we got 8 nice pumpkins!!

The Poncho. I think it is so cute and LOVE it...Makena wasn't so sure about it, I seriously spent a good portion of the day convincing her it was super cute and that she wanted to wear it. :)

We never got around to carving our pumpkins this year but one day Makena kept asking me to draw but then she would cry everytime I gave her paper. She kept going to the front door and pointing. Finally, I figured out she wanted to draw on a pumpkin. I think she got confused because early in the day I had told her when she colored I would draw her a pumpkin to color...I guess she thought we would really color a real pumpkin, so I helped her draw a face on it and she took this very seriously.


Picking pumpkins out of our garden.


We have been trying to get Makena to ride on the lawn mower with Papa all summer and she usually just runs away and cries, she did not like it at all. Well, lately she has been on a major daddy kick and wants Shane to do EVERYTHING for her and with her. Shane told her he was going to go mow the lawn so she would have to go in with mom, she took one look at me and jumped on that lawn mower...its amazing what a little motivation can do. They had a great time on it and she now loves riding on the mower.


Makena and I went to Park City with Shane's mom and sisters and all the girl cousins for a night. It was a fun get-away and the little girls had a ball! They got twin glasses at the restaurant, so cute!


Emma and Makena in Park City. Makena adores Emma...she says her name at least 20 times a day. Whenever we are going anywhere she asks if we are going to Emma. I am glad that Emma is so sweet and patient with her.


I went on a Girl's Night Out with all my best friends, we stayed in my friends condo in downtown Salt Lake and went out to dinner and talked all night. It was sooo fun, it brought back so many memories from highschool. I have such good friends.


Makena sporting her new backpack Shane got her for our trip to New York that is coming up in just a few weeks! It even matches her cute boots...which also required some convincing for her to wear.


Playing with her two close friends from the neighborhood Laynee and Levi. Makena loves these two and they had a great time dressing up. It was so funny. They are darling friends to her.


Just a cute fall pic of my girl.


We tended my niece Gretchen one day and Makena loved it. She couldn't stop hugging her and bringing her little toys and books to play with. She was thrilled to have her there and thought it was the funnest thing ever. I thought it was pretty fun too.

3 comments:

Cole said...

Poncho = cape.

The Cape Returns

On a more serious note, though, these are great. I miss you guys. I can't wait to see Makena pound down the street with her smart new bag.

Visit Park City said...

Looks like all of you girls had a blast! Thanks for coming, we hope to see you soon. The pictures are great, please share them with others when you become a fan of Park City on Facebook, www.facebook.com/parkcityUT

Mandi said...

Oh I love all of these. Makena is getting so big, and she is so adorable. You all look great. Looks like halloween was a blast!