Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

HAIR CUT

We had Makena's hair cut for the first time a few weeks ago. Her hair was getting so long which I loved because I could put it up in cute pig tails but the back was way longer than the sides and it was looking a bit stringy. I was a little nervous about cutting her hair, I am not one to make drastic changes to hair styles without lots of thought and consideration to it. When Kristen started cutting and I saw how much she was cutting off I got a little anxious and wondered if I had made the right choice, but as soon as she was done it was absolutley darling! Makena went from being my baby girl to my sassy toddler right in front of my eyes! It made her look so grown up and it is just so cute. I think the style totally fits her personality, she is so outgoing, talkative, active and yes even a bit sassy. I was so proud of her, she sat so good in the chair and didn't cry or try to pull away.

Putting on the cape getting ready to get her hair cut.

She didn't like wearing the cape, she just wanted to hold it so we decided to go with no shirt and let her play with the cape to distract her. She really sat so still and did so good. She is used to getting her hair curled and sitting still, but I worried that the scissors might scare her.

Holding up some hair, showing us how much got cut off. It was a lot, I was suprised. Kristen did such a cute job.

Showing us her new look, she was pretty excited because we were all telling her how pretty she looked.

All fixed up, isn't she adorable. She looks so big.

2 comments:

Amy said...

SO adorable!!! I loe her new hair cut. It was so fun hanging out with you guys on Friday!

Kerstin said...

i am dying. she is so cute. glad you guys are doing good!

ps told jen forever ago that i would get in touch with you so we could do lunch just us 3 but i don't have a phone # for you! text me at 682.0756 :) talk to ya later