Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Friday, January 23, 2009

What a week!

Makena reached some exciting milestones this week! Last Saturday she rolled over for the first time, she has been really close for a while but to our surprise she finally made it all the way over when she was reaching for a toy. Shane had been playing with her all morning trying to get her to do it and after a while I guess she got up the courage and over she went. She seems pretty happy with her new trick and the fact that she can now get to her toys that used to be out of reach. On Tuesday Makena turned 5 months old and she had her first taste of solid foods...we gave her some rice cereal and she LOVED it! Also, I have finally started putting her in her crib to sleep during the night instead of in the cradle next to my bed. I know to some people she may seem a little old to still be sleeping in our room but I absolutely love having her sleeping right there close to me. I love hearing her breathing and the little noises she makes while she is sleeping and I feel a little nervous having her way down the hall. I know that now is the right time for this transition but it has been a hard one for me. It's crazy all the emotions you have as a mom and the things that you get attached to...I would have never thought that this would have been such a tough thing for me. So its been a fun week watching Makena learn and grow. She is so much fun and brings a lot of happiness into our home. Also, this week I finished two more model homes for Rainey. That makes 14 Models/Parade Homes I have done in the last 3 1/2 years since working at Rainey Homes. They turned out really good but I am happy that they are done, they are a lot of work and take long days to get things done which is a bit harder to juggle with a baby.

Taking a break from rollin' around

I think she was even a little surprised that she ended up on her belly.



Her first taste of Rice Cereal...yummy!





That was delicious!

Waking up in her crib...that wasn't so bad.



4 comments:

Kerstin said...

wow she is too funny. i love that she still was sleeping by you...i picture having to keep miko down the hall at night and i couldn't do it! haha seriously though i have to sleep with my baby! ya, that probably wasn't a good comparison, but it's all i got!!! congrats on finishing the models--i would love to see pics. you always do such an awesome job. malia i seriously miss you so much--we need to do something!

Andy and Katy said...

Malia, she is the sweetest little thing!!! I cannot believe that she is old enough to roll over and eat cereal. They are so much happier once they learn to get to their toys. They are so fun the older they get, but I am the same way about milestones-it is a wonderful thing and then you realize that they are getting older and it is sad!! Keep in touch and let us know if you guys are up for getting together soon.

Way to go on the parade of homes-I am sure that they are beautiful!!

Jocie said...

Makena is so cute. I can't believe how big she is getting!

The models look AMAZING! Thanks again for all of your hard work!!

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

Oh, she's just too adorable! I LOVED sleeping next to Jack, too. He was a pretty quiet sleeper (I guess some babies are really loud), and I loved to just smell his sweet baby breath! Okay, that sounded a little weird, but you know what I mean. Awesome about the rolling over. She might just get around the whole room like that for awhile. And then comes crawling...get ready!