Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

We have been having a fun and busy December getting ready for Christmas. Its been so fun celebrating the season with our little Makena. We have enjoyed seeing family and friends at all the parties. I am so excited for Christmas and to give Makena her present...Shane and I put it together last night but we are waiting to show her until Christmas (even though she won't know what is going on). Makena is getting so big and is so much fun. She loves to "talk", well its more like just making noises but she knows what she is saying and sometimes her stories get pretty serious...once she gets going she just goes on and on, her little voice is so adorable. She also laughs now too, which is pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen. Makena did get sick this month...the first time ever so mom and dad were pretty worried and really tried to keep her inside and away from people. She got better pretty quick and is back to her smiling, happy, very alert and active self. At this time of year I can't help but reflect on all the blessings we enjoy and feel so very blessed. I have a wonderful family and I am truly grateful for the blessing of being a mother that I now get to enjoy. I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the holidays surrounded by family and friends. Here are some pictures of our Makena over the past month as we celebrated the Christmas season.



























3 comments:

Kerstin said...

hahaha the pictures with the hat are the cutest things i've ever seen! jason can definitely relate to how kids make the holidays more fun...for some reason he said to me the other day, "Our goal is to have a baby by this time next year". I laughed of course. Things don't exactly seem to be up to us. Anyway--I'm glad you are doing so great and having such fun with your cute little girl! Miss ya!

Andy and Katy said...

Malia she is darling!!! I love the picture with her little hat on with the ears. I hope that you guys have a Merry Christmas and when things aren't so crazy after the holidays we need to plan to get together. I am going crazy being at home. We have been home for almost 5 months and we still have until May!!!!! ugh. I am sorry that she got sick, hopefully she will be her happy self for Christmas! Keep in touch.

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

Makenna is so cute and getting so big! You need to post pics now of her present you and Shane stayed up all night putting together!