Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Monday, September 8, 2008

More pics of Makena

As a new proud mom I think that everything Makena does is so cute and I take like a million pictures of her every day. I'm always telling Shane to "go get the camera". So here are some of the pictures taken during the first few weeks of Makena's life at home. It is so fun to have her here and she is definitely keeping us on our toes as we try to figure this whole parenting thing out! I know I am a bit biased but I think she is pretty dang adorable! :)


Sleeping on Mom and Dad's bed. She likes to sleep a lot!



Looking cute in her swing

Makena LOVES to get her hair washed. When I run her head under the tap she just closes her eyes and gets so relaxed, its so funny. When I am done washing it she always looks up at me with a funny little look like she is saying "why are you stopping", I can't believe she like this so much...she hates the rest of the bath.

Taking a nap with Grandpa Wilding

Hanging out with Papa

Uncle Jake is holding her

8 comments:

wright said...

I'm laughing at your "Go get the camera" I have said that to Jas soo many times--you'll be saying that many more times too! What a cutie! It was so good to talk to you!

Andy and Katy said...

She already looks like she is older. I love the ones of her in the swing. She is so sweet, I could eat her up. Can't wait to see her again.

Kerstin said...

she really is the cutest thing i've ever seen...especially in real life! that is so cute about her loving getting her hair washed. i hope we can get together again soon...maybe to go visit jen and her baby ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm proud to say I built that swing!! She looks adorable in it! I miss you guys so much and wish I was there to hold her! I'll be down soon!

Devlin Days said...

I promise not to delete this blog. Just wanted to let you know that I started a new one.
http://theslowblogger.blogspot.com/
Jen

Devlin Days said...

Ryan is way more creative than me and after about an hour last night he came up with this sweet name. Sorry to make you all change it. Our new blog name is sweetawesomeness.com

Jen

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

Malia, she's gorgeous!! I can't get over all that hair (especially after Jack was such a baldy ;-))

I can't wait to see her in person. Until then keep taking lots of pics and put them on your blog!

Congratulations again, I'm sure you are such a great momma!

Andy and Katy said...

Malia we are all in a desperate Makena fix. More pics please!!! Keep in touch!