Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Expecting!

So I have been really bad at keeping up on this whole blogging thing, but in checking out so many of your blogs I am inspired to try again. Life has been a whirlwind for us the last few months but like I said it is full of wonderful things. The most wonderful of them being that we are EXPECTING!!!! Thats right we are pregnant. Most of you probably already knew but for some it may be a suprise. I am 18 weeks along (thats about 4 1/2 months for those of you who do not measure by weeks), my due date is August 18th! We are so excited to have a baby and expand our little family. The first 16 weeks I was very sick and it was a pretty rough time but I am feeling so much better now and feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be pregnant and be a mother.

This is me during the first part of my pregnancy feeling pretty yucky. I spent a lot of nights out in the rocking chair. Glad that those days are past.



We announced our "news" to our families for Christmas. I wrote them a poem and we wrapped it up and gave it to our parents. For my parents I wrapped the poem along with some bibs and a little book about grandparents in a huge box and there were several smaller boxes wrapped inside. It was so fun to tell our families and see their excitment. That was definitely an unforgetable Christmas for everyone! I love these pics of my parents opening their present, their reaction was so fun.





This is me and Shane on Christmas 2007-the day we told our families that we were expecting. What a good day.



Here I am now about 4 1/2 months along, I am starting to show. In a few weeks we will find out what we are having!!!

3 comments:

Kerstin said...

yay a new post! i'm glad that you are keeping us in the loop and letting me see pics of your belly! love ya.

Andy and Katy said...

I am so happy to see your blog updated. Pregnant sick is the worst, but I am so glad that you are feeling better. You look wonderful and we are so excited to find out what you guys are having. Keep us updated and hopefully we can get together again soon.
Katy

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

Yay Malia! I'm so excited for you guys, congratulations! So glad you are feeling better, morning sickness is the worst. Can't wait to find out what you are having. It will be so fun to be mommies together!

Love ya!!