Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Monday, August 24, 2009

ONE!

Makena turned one on Wednesday! I can't believe it my little baby is a year old. This has been the fastest year of my life.

My big 1 year old Birthday Girl in her new B-Day outfit!

It really does not seem like a whole year has passed since our sweet little girl came into our lives. She was born on August 19th at 5:28 pm, weighing in at 8lbs 5oz and she was 21 3/4" long. She had tons of dark hair and we were so excited to finally have her here. It was one of the very best days of my whole life, a moment that I will never forget! At 1 year she is now 19 lbs and 39 3/4" long. She is a darling blondie with LOTS of personality, she is walking all over and is a little smarty pants...I am amazed everyday at all that she understands and figures out. She is a very happy little person, always making me and Shane laugh and no matter where we go people are always telling her how cute she is...and she knows it! :) I don't know what I would do without her, she is a joy...even though she still struggles to sleep through the night.

Looking back to a year ago when Makena came into our family...what a cutie. She has changed quite a bit but her little face still looks the same.






For her B-Day we celebrated by having family over for cake and icecream. It was a fun party and we appreciate all of the support from our families, Makena got spoiled and LOVED having all that attention.

When she woke up I gave Makena her first present...a little toy vaccum. She loves helping me vaccum so I thought it would be fun to have her own. She gave me the exact reaction I was looking for. She seemed so excited when I brought it out and opened her mouth like she just couldn't believe it was for her. It was so fun for mom...hope she had as much fun as I did.



Her Birthday Cake...it was yummy!

CHEESE...she was more than happy to smile for the camera, she was so sxcited with all that was going on.

Ready to blow out her candle.

We were trying to let her take a handful of cake but she just kept looking at me and touching it with one finger wondering what was going on.

Lovin' feeding herself and making a mess!

Everyone enjoying a little cake and icecream.

Aunt Whitney, Aunt Mandi and Uncle Cole (We miss you Uncle Jake!)

More party guests-Grandma Glee, Aunt Amy and her cousin's Mya and Jesse

Having fun with everyone, she's a party girl!

Opening presents.

What a good day it was!

5 comments:

Andy and Katy said...

I cannot believe that she is a year old already. That went fast! She is the cutest little thing ever and I love her blonde hair. I hope that you guys are doing well and staying busy. I saw your picture in the paper a while ago and have been meaning to get with Andy to get together. Unfortunately he is so busy with school and work that we only see him at church on sundays! Let me know if you find a Saturday evening that works good for you guys and we will get a sitter and go to dinner or have a bbq. Keep in touch!

Amy said...

Malia...She is so cute!! And that was a really fun party. I miss seeing Makena all the time. She has such a fun personality!!

Kerstin said...

hahaha i cannot believe all that blonde hair AND that she is one already! i remember looking at those newborn pics like it was a week ago...crazy. i still can't believe we haven't hung out in almost a year- i wouldn't have believed it if you told me we would never hang after i left rainey...so sad!

Jocie said...

She is so cute Malia---and I love the outfit! I hope things are going good for you guys!

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

I'm late on the birthday wishes, but it looks like it was a wonderful day! I can't believe how blonde her hair has gotten since she was born...crazy! She is so adorable, Malia. It will be SOOO hard for you to believe, but they just get more and more fun, I promise!