Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Makena is here!

After having contractions all night I woke Shane up at about 4 am on Tuesday, August 19th, and told him I thought it was time to head to the hospital. It was a long day of being in labor but thankfully I had an epidural to make things a little easier. I truly do not know how people do it without having an epidural, that is amazing to me. I personally loved my epidural. :) Shane was right by my side all day and was a great support to me. At 5:38 pm our sweet, little Makena came into this world. It was an incredible moment that I will never forget and I am so thankful for her and for my sweet husband and this special time we were able to experience together. Makena was 8 lbs, 5 ounces and 21 3/4" long!! Yep, she was a big girl. I was shocked when they told me how much she weighed, I never expected to have that big of a baby. She has tons of dark curly hair that is just adorable.

Papa putting on her first diaper.



After her first bath...she's not sure she liked it.



Makena and Moma having some bonding time.

Our sweet Makena, I can't believe she is finally here. What a special day it was.

4 comments:

blake and mckelle said...

She is so cute you guys! I can't wait to actually see her and see all that hair.hope you guys are having fun.

Andy and Katy said...

She is beautiful. I cannot believe that she was so big. What a scary time for her to be in the NICU. I am so glad that she is home with you guys and doing better. We are so excited to see her, let us know if you need anything.

Kerstin said...

I love seeing pictures of her-it's so weird to me that she is here...i swear last time i checked your baby counter it said like 66 days! at least no more pulling your maternity pants back up after they slide off of you! really though, she is super cute. i will try and come out there next friday for a visit :)

Mandie said...

Yay, I'm so happy for you! She is adorable and I'm so glad she is better now - I'm sure the NICU was no fun at all! Congratulations!!!